Is Elon Musk Too Late to Save Boys in Thai Cave Rescue? [live]
Elon Musk recently began making a kid-size submarine to help the Thai Cave Rescue effort, but will it work in-time? Get invites to these live shows at
// SpaceX & Boring Company Engineers Helping Thailand Boys Stuck in Cave
* Thai soccer team of kids between 11-16 and their coach wandered into a cave
* Water rushed in and trapped them
* Stranded for 10 Days before a British diver was able to reach them
* Insanely difficult conditions
* They’re still trapped (going on day 15)
* The journey is incredibly difficult and some of the kids can’t swim, much less dive
* Murky water, zero visibility
* Water not likely to recede for months
* A Thai Navy Seal diver actually died trying to get supplies to them
* So Elon took to Twitter after someone suggested he help
* Tiny, kid-size escape pod
* And some are making their way out
// How Much Range Do You Need?
* Edmunds posted a roundtable discussion bout how much range you reasonably need in an EV –
* Good discussion, some points I think they missed
* They seemed to all agree that EVs aren’t for road trips, but at 150+ miles are good enough for commuting
* I disagree 🙂
* Compare cost per mile –
* What about Charging?
* Monthly Cost Calculator here –
* Fuel Savings Calculator here –
* Tesla Supercharger Cost Calculator –
// Tesla Desktop Charger Giveaway
* Get one of a kind Tesla Desktop Supercharger
* Help us reach our goal of 100K Subscribers in 2018
* Refer friends and win extra entries, no limit!
// Model 3 Brake Testing Changes
* Business Insider reported Tesla stopped Brake and Roll tests –
* Tesla Stock drops 9% day of –
* It was already on a downward trend from an Analyst that on Monday an analyst downgraded their stock from Hold to Sell –
* This was as they report their biggest quarter in company history and hitting 5K Model 3’s per week???
* Later we learned that this is a redundant test, that is used In-place of an actual track test, which Tesla does –
* Elon didn’t take kindly to the Business Insider article
* So the question remains, does this actually matter or was this an attempt by people with a financial interest in seeing Tesla stock go down to make money?
* Regarding safety of the vehicles, it appears no, but I’ll keep my eye out
* The second part almost certainly is a yes, even if this case with the Business Insider article was a coincidence
* Let’s see where Model 3 production is
* Bloomberg Tracker –
// How Long Until I Get My VIN?
Public data set at —
My analysis –
// New here? Check out more
Most Recent Video –
Most Popular Video –
// Shoot me a msg online
// My Gear
Model 3 Essentials –
// Music by Epidemic Sound
This video and channel are not affiliated with Tesla nor did they endorse this specific production.